Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Quick & Easy Super Low Carb Pizza Recipe Keto Recipe

So the other day I was walking through Costco and this lady offered me a sample of Fried Cheese. At first, I thought she was talking about a mozzarella cheese stick, but as I looked closer, I realized it was literally just a slice of fried cheese. It was NOT melted or gooey, but it was browned to perfection. After tasting this deliciousness called Caribe Queso Blanco, I was hooked!! Being on a low carb lifestyle, I was excited of all the possibilities I could come up with this cheese. One of my first recipes I thought of (of course) was pizza. We all know pizza is just a big, fat NO NO. But really, the only thing bad about pizza is the crust. I know there's so many low carb pizza recipes out there, like the cauliflower pizza crust recipe and so on. But really, who has the time to put that whole cauliflower concoction together. I tried that once and failed. Not to mention all the time it took to cut it, cook it, drain it, etc. And honestly, I think cauliflower is kind of high in the carb department anyways. So the other day for lunch, I threw toghether this quick and easy low carb pizza recipe. All I used was: mozzeralla cheese, Caribe queso blanco, pizza sauce & pepporoni
Then I sliced the queso blanco:
Browned the slices on each side. I browned them in a non-stick skillet for about 1 minute on each side at low-medium temp.
After I browned them, I added the toppings. I just added a little bit of pizza sauce, pepperoni & mozzeralla cheese.
Then I put in broiler for about a minute or so or until cheese starts bubbling.
Everything I used had O grams of carbs, except the pizza sauce.That was 3 net carbs for 1/4 cup. I only used about a tsp of pizza sauce. Pizza sauce is much lower in carbs than pasta sauce, so always make sure to keep an eye out for that. I could only find this cheese at Costco, I looked at Kroger and other stores but never could find it. But this is definitely my favorite, quick and easy low carb lunch for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment